The District Council voted to add Division D to the District at its 1963 Spring Conference. William W. Irwin was elected as the first Lieutenant Governor for Division D, serving during the term 1963–1964. This same year, under District Governor Donald D. Foss, DTM; the District Bulletin was named The Founder.
The District reached a total of 117 clubs in 1965, under Governor H. Al Richardson. That was the largest number of clubs attained during the District's first 35 years of operation, 1944–1979.
During this period, three past Governors of Founder's District were elected Directors of Toastmasters International; Glen E. Welch in 1953, Paris S. Jackson in 1960 and Amos W. Randain 1964. Two of these men were also elected to senior offices in Toastmasters International during that period; Paris S. Jackson was elected Vice President for Education in 1962, Senior Vice President in 1963 and President of Toastmasters International in 1964. Amos W. Randall was elected Third Vice President in 1968.
The title “Administrative Lt. Governor” was changed to “Senior Lieutenant” at the 1968 Spring Council meeting. Vance J. Mingus was elected at the same conference as the first Senior Lieutenant Governor. Toastmasters International later requested that all districts use the same title for the top three district officers. The titles uniformly adopted were: District Governor, Lieutenant Governor Administration and Lieutenant Governor Education. These changes were approved by the District Council at the Spring Conference on May 15, 1971 and became effective July 1, 1971.
The Silver Anniversary of Founder's District was celebrated March 22, 1969 with a dinner-dance atthe Grand Hotel in Anaheim. Past Governors Paris S. Jackson and Maurice A. Shenbaum were co-chairs, and Governor C. A. (Bud) Welch, ATM presided. During the program, the new District insignia, designed by Max R. McVay, PDG, DTM was displayed for the first time.