Founder's District is saddened by the loss of Dr. Richard Fredrick Kammerman, MD, DTM, Physician, Surgeon, Board Member-Orange County Medical Association, 19 year Charter Member of Toastmasters Club 3773-OCMA (Orange County Medical Association) and Area Governor of the Year-2001/2002.
Dr. Kammerman has been serving as OCMA Club's Vice President of Education, until the time of his death, on January 8, 2014. His drive and enthusiasm have been a positive force in the founding and ongoing strength of club 3773, for doctors, nurses and medical students. He has been a "Gentle Giant," in mentoring young medical professionals. He has also been inspiring them to join Toastmasters and shift from being boring power point presenters to becoming engaging speakers who replace slides with eye contact, facial expression, gestures and interaction.
Dr. Kammerman's Toastmaster legacy in Founder's District includes:
- Youth Leadership Programs, OC Boy Scouts of America
- Youth Leadership Programs, Hewes Middle School, Tustin
- Youth Leadership Academy, Orange County Juvenile Hall
- Youth Leadership Programs, Boys and Girls Club, Santa Ana
- St. Joseph's Pavilion, venue provided for Toastmasters Events
Founders District is grateful to Dr. Kammerman for his outpouring of professional time and talent, communication and leadership skills, given freely, day in and day out, helping others learn and grow and pass it on, as he did.