Has your club used amazing and extraordinary Public Relations to promote Toastmasters? If so then enter the Founder's District Public Relations Awards. We have expanded the award categories from three to six and the entry process is simple. The first place winner in each category will receive $100 and a commemorative plaque or trophy at the Founder's District Fall Conference, Friday and Saturday, November 7-8 at the Holiday Inn La Mirada.
Full details below. Good luck!
- Best Club Web Site (aka Diamond Web Award – your site's helpfulness to to members and guests)
- Best Video (aka Founder's Film Award – short clips that highlight Toastmasters)
- Best Social Media (use of Facebook, Meetup, YouTube, etc. to promote your club – new category)
- Best Special Event (open house, contest or other event that promoted your club - new category)
- Best Public Relations / New Member Campaign (a membership recruitment drive - new category)
- Best Overall Public Relations (aka Public Relations Achievement Award – who has the best PR?)
Clubs and members of Founder's District in good standing are eligible to participate. All entries must be club members' original work and must have occurred during the six months prior to the entry submission: e.g. April 1, 2014 – October 31, 2014 for the Fall 2014 Awards.
Due to the Founder's District Public Relations Officer by October 31, 2014. Please include the following:
- Club name and number
- Basic info: what is the history and context of your PR award entry? What makes it a winner?
- Results: what goal did your PR awards entry accomplish?
- Back-up materials: web links, screen shots, videos, pictures, flyers, statistics, etc.
All entries should follow the Toastmasters International branding guidelines. Our judges will choose award winners based on the following criteria:
- Content & Substance (25%)
- Presentation & Style (25%)
- Creativity & Uniqueness (25%)
- Results & Achievements (25%)
Award winners will be announced at the Founder's District Fall Conference November 7-8 at the Holiday Inn La Mirada and will receive $100 and a commemorative plaque or trophy .