During the conference we’ll be recognizing everyone who’s received a communication or leadership award since the Spring Conference in May. As of October 21, we have a list of 554 award recipients - WOW! And we have at least 16 new DTMs to celebrate.
Have you seen the new Distinguished Member pin? Our members who’ve received both a communication and leadership award will be recognized at the Fall Conference and presented with the limited-edition pin, proudly displaying our District Governor’s theme for the year. Be the first member in your club to get one. Right now we have 22 recipients; my goal is to give away 400 of these pins!
District Governor, Harry Yan, has set a lofty goal for us this year – Number 1 District in the world! We are well on our way to making that a reality. In order to do that, we have from now until June 30, 2014 to:
- Build new clubs – we need a total of 229 paid clubs in the District; we currently have 198
- Membership numbers – we need to have 9,549 or more membership payments
- Distinguished Clubs – we need 135 + Distinguished, Select Distinguished, or President’s Distinguished Clubs
How can you help us get there?
- By contacting those members that didn’t renew and ask them to come back
- Bring in guests via personal invitation or networking sites, open houses, and Speechcraft;
- Continue to complete those communication and leadership awards
- Attend officer training;
- Submit dues and officer lists on time to TI WHQ. Yes, one person makes a difference, so be the best Toastmaster you can be!