Important Notice to Founder's District Club Members and Leaders
What a wild time this is. The Coronavirus situation has been escalating the past few weeks. I have been in touch with Toastmasters International, and our leadership team to discuss what the District should do for our upcoming contests and events. The Governor, Gavin Newsom, called for a moratorium on large gatherings over 250 attendees. None of our scheduled events will be that large.
We have decided to proceed as scheduled – for Area, Division and District events (which you can find on the district calendar at foundersdistrict.org/contests).
However, there are precautions that all of us need to follow:
- If you are feeling sick – ANY symptoms at all – PLEASE STAY HOME.
- Wash your hands – frequently, in warm water, with soap and for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not touch your face, as that is how the virus is transmitted.
- Masks are not needed unless you are already sick.
- Keep your distance from sick people.
- Regularly clean surfaces, cell phones, door handles with antibiotic wipes and other products.
- We are asking anyone over 65, or anyone with threatened immune systems, to consider NOT attending events, as you are the most susceptible to having more serious outcomes if you are infected with the virus.
The District is discussing ways we can live stream the contests for those who need to stay home, to watch the contests (we have to prepare a plan and get the technology in place). We are also building a contingency plan for the District events, should we have to eventually cancel the live events.
The District Leadership team values our members and wants to provide safe and interactive events, without risking your health. Please use your best judgement when deciding whether to attend the live events. We are continuing to monitor the directives of our Toastmasters International leaders, and our government officials.
We will continue to keep you informed if the situation should change.
Bottom line is that we will be holding our events as scheduled, until further notice.
Thank you valued members. Be safe out there!