Your club has important votes to cast during the 2021 Annual Business Meeting. Clubs will vote to elect one International Officer and seven International Directors to the 2021–2022 Board of Directors. Please plan to attend the online Annual Business Meeting on Thursday, August 26, at 8 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (UTC -4). Voting will be open for 24 hours after the conclusion of the Annual Business Meeting.
To learn and understand the roles, attributes, and responsibilities of International Officers and Directors, please review the leadership roles.
As stated in the Bylaws of Toastmasters International, Article X, Section 1, a Toastmasters club in good standing is entitled to two votes at the Annual Business Meeting. To make your club’s votes count, assign your proxy and cast your votes in one of three ways:
- Designate a delegate from the club to cast your club’s votes.
- Designate a 2021–2022 District Director to act as your club’s proxyholder. If (and only if) the District Director is unable to perform the duty of a proxyholder, the next senior District officer will act as your club’s proxyholder.
- Designate another active member to act as your club’s proxyholder.
Note: The Club President or Club Secretary must assign the club proxy. If the proxy is not assigned, the club’s votes cannot be cast. The club’s proxy must be assigned even if you are assigning the proxy to yourself.
To assign a club’s proxy, go to www.toastmasters.org/ClubCentral, log in, choose the club(s) you are assigning proxies for, and click on Club Proxy.
Once your club’s proxy is assigned, please advise the proxyholder to do the following, starting on August 17, 2021:
- Between August 17 and August 20, log in to the Toastmasters International website and go to the “My Profile” page. Click on the I Intend to Vote button on the “View Proxy Information” page, which will start the Credentials registration process.
If you do not complete the Credentials process mentioned above by August 20 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (UTC -4), you will not be able to vote.
- Attend one of the trainings on how to complete and cast your electronic ballot. Training information will be available on the “Annual Business Meeting (ABM)” page of the website during the week of the Toastmasters Virtual Convention.
- Starting on August 26, 2021, log in to the Toastmasters International website and go to the “My Profile” page to access your electronic ballot.